6.13.2011

The Great Outdoors

The time has finally come for bonfires, gardens, sunshine, and lots of time spent enjoying the great outdoors.  I love summer!  Last weekend I went to a strawberry picking patch with a friend and picked 11 lbs worth, but I'm not done yet. We are planning on going back next weekend to get more to add to my stock pile. :)  Since I make fruit smoothies everyday for breakfast, I tend to go through fruit very quickly.  Picking my own fruit has become one of my favorite things to do.  It also has great benefits such as allowing me to eat healthy, spend time outside, help my local farmer, and it can be good exercise!  I hope to be able to plant my own mini-orchard at our house next spring or maybe even this fall. 

Hopefully our house will be done August/September-ish and we can get a head start on landscaping before everything dies off and freezes.  Here are a few pictures I have found for inspiration:
  
Robert Hursthouse

Satisfying Spaces

Hgtv RMS: redavanti

Cottage Living

unknown


Satisfying Spaces

Summerour Architects
Who wouldn't want a porch swing like this to nap on?......
Karla Morris and Monica Eith
Spitmiller Norris
 And with a view like this....I'd be on this porch all day.
New England Home
"Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere."