5.29.2011

Second Floor

A look at the Second Floor....

 As I was driving to see the house after work, I was trying to picture it in my head what it would look like driving up to it. As the trees cleared, I saw the roof peaks and said "Whoa!"  You design it on paper and try to picture it the best you can, but it will never be the same as seeing it for that first time in person. I will never forget that moment.

The backside of the house looks beautiful. I can't wait to have a deck and patio installed so that we can have bonfires and cookouts with our family and friends. Some grass would be nice too.

 We finally got those stairs to the second floor I was telling you about. They aren't finished and are a little scary walking up since you can see straight through to the basement and my big skis barely fit on them. Other than that, they are my favorite part of the house so far. I fought hard for those 'lil U-shaped guys!

 Here is a look back down at the stairs landing from the second floor hallway.

This is the southfacing bedroom. The other bedroom looks just like this basically. We also have a bathroom upstairs that I forgot to upload.

 My lovely stairs again. I am standing in the living room in front of the fireplace, looking back at the foyer.

Our soon-to-be beautiful fireplace and focal point of the room. It will have stone from floor to ceiling with a barn beam from the old barn that was on our property as a mantle.

Can't wait to sit out on our front porch and watch the sunset with my husband!


"Essentials Of Life:
Someone To Love
Something To Do
Something To Look Forward To"
~Unknown